The NAD Election Committee is looking for individuals who are interested in serving on the NAD Board. The Board represents the deaf and hard of hearing community in the United States. There are several positions available for potential candidates and further detail on each position can be found in the Election Guidelines.
The following positions are available:
- President (2016-2018) — deadline passed
- Vice President (2016-2018) — deadline passed
- Secretary (2016-2018) — deadline passed
- Treasurer (2016-2018) — accepting applications until July 4th
- Region I (2016-2020) — deadline passed
- Region II (2016-2020) — accepting applications until July 4th
- Region III (2016-2020) — deadline passed
- Region IV (2016-2020) — accepting applications until July 4th
Individuals who are interested in running for a position will need to complete the Candidacy Form online and submit it to the NAD Elections Committee on or before June 3, 2016. There are several things to acknowledge in regards to running for a position on the NAD Board. Please take note of these items. For any questions or concerns in regards to the procedures and criteria that are not addressed here, please contact the NAD Elections Committee at [email protected].
1. Individuals who are interested in running for a position must have been a member of the NAD for a minimum of 2 years at the time of election, and also a member of either a State Association or an Organizational Affiliate of the NAD for a minimum of 2 years at the time of election.
2. Interested individuals may run for more than one position. The elections will start with the president position and then subsequent positions in the order listed in the guidelines. Careful consideration in selecting a position(s) is encouraged.
3. Individuals may campaign for the position they are running for. Additional information about campaigning is included in the guidelines. If you or someone you know are interested in running for a position, please complete the Candidacy Form online before the deadline, June 3rd 2016!
The NAD Elections Committee
– Pamela Lloyd-Ogoke, Chair
– Alan Hurwitz, Past President of the NAD
– Jerry Nelson, Region III Board Representative